White flight is caused by state-subsidized diversity, and this process forms the bedrock of suburbia. Its the only form of ethnic cleansing where it is socially acceptable to blame the victims. Whites have two choices. Door number one is becoming a minority in a racially fractured, economically stratified, and crowded urban community. Door number two is moving to a newer but more transitory community of people like oneself, who are also seeking escape. Many opt for the latter. They cut whatever local ties they have left (as others have already moved) and relocate somewhere with even fewer connections. Sometimes more than once. People find themselves with fewer and fewer links to the family and friends they grew up with in “the old neighborhood.” Every generation has to start almost from scratch, in a community where many others are doing exactly the same thing, tucked away from the commercial and public spaces of human activity into a world of unprecedented parallel isolation. This only increases the tendency towards individualism and defining oneself through consumption of goods, because what else is there? You don’t have the multi-generational family businesses, churches, political leaders, etc. that you’d have in a more stable village or neighborhood society. Suburbs are just well-constructed refugee camps for White people. Whites have been driven from the cities as a result of slow-boiling ethnic conflict. Their families and communities have been broken up by dislocation, and they can’t go back. They take refuge in prefab neighborhoods where no one has foots deeper than a generation or more than a few kinsmen. They are rationalizing people, so they tell themselves moving away is moving up. The place left behind was going “bad” so it had to be abandoned. So the suburb is a refugee camp. If hostiles breach the trenches, the defenders must drive them back, or else the position will have to be abandoned for safety. Fall back to the next line of defense. If a neighborhood gets saturated with vibrant, it has to be abandoned because defense is illegal. Fall back to the next suburb. This is where the last man is currently being raised. This is his world and his ambitions are woefully small.
Neste artigo iremos discutir a reforma dos limites administrativos dos municípios de Lisboa, Oeiras, Amadora, Odivelas e Loures. A situação atual:
- Expansão do município de Lisboa: a fronteira do município de Lisboa seria alargada até à autoestrada CRIL \ IC17 \ A36 mais a zona de Sacavém entre a autoestrada A1 e rio Tejo e rio Trancão. Com esta atualização, Lisboa ganharia os seguintes bairros: Alfornelos (Amadora), Pontinha, Serra da Luz, Senhor Roubado, Olival Basto (Odivelas), Fetais, Prior Velho, Portela, Moscavide e Sacavém (Loures).
- Odivelas, nova freguesia de Loures: devido à perda de população e território de Loures e Odivelas devido ao ponto 1, Odivelas seria transformada de município em freguesia do município de Loures.
- Partição do município de Sintra em dois municípios, Sintra e Belas: o município atual de Sintra seria separado em dois, o de Sintra, com a vila histórica, praias atlânticas, zona rural, e o Belas, com a zona urbana da Linha de Sintra e alguma zona saloia. O novo munício de Sintra teria as freguesias de Sintra, Colares e São João das Lampas. O novo município terias as freguesias de Almargem do Bispo, Algueirão – Mem Martins, Rio de Mouro, Cacém, Mira-Sintra, Massamá, Queluz e Casal de Cambra.
- Alfragide, nova freguesia de Oeiras: a freguesia de Alfragide atualmente no município da Amadora seria transferida como está para o município de Oeiras.
- Amadora, nova freguesia de Belas: a Amadora seria transformada de município em freguesia do novo município de Belas, criado no ponto 3. Relembramos que devido ao ponto 4, a freguesia de Alfragide já estaria no município de Oeiras quando tal acontecesse.
A contrarian is a person who holds a contrary position, especially a position against the majority. In investing, a contrarian is an investor who buys shares of stock when most others are selling and sells when others are buying and usually is the successful investor who knows when to sell and when to buy since the most common trend one will identify in the stock market (or in any other platform of exchange) is that most people follow a herd mentality. There is a parallel to every other area of social interplay since contrarians reject to conform with social trends or instinctual responses to social triggers without thoroughly analyzing the factors that led to their ignition. “A contrarian isn’t one who always objects – that’s a conformist of a different sort. A contrarian reasons independently, from the ground up, and resists pressure to conform.” Naval @ Twitter
Naomi Osaka, who represents Japan, served as the final Olympic torchbearer for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, lighting the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony.
However, before I am an athlete, I am a black woman. And as a black woman, I feel as though there are much more important matters at hand that need immediate attention, rather than watching me play tennis. [Naomi Osaka (August 2020), Twitter]
The idea of zero tolerance is also informed by risk aversion. It represents an attempt to abolish, administratively, the risks associated with the expression of an unwelcome idea or belief. Of course, in one sense, tolerance is risky. Once conventional restraints on belief, opinion and speech are removed it becomes difficult to predict the future course of public life. The freedom to speak and to pursue knowledge has a habit of going off in unexpected directions. [Frank Furedi (2018), How Fear Works: Culture of Fear in the Twenty-First Century]
A Quitéria, jovem de 18 anos que, por infelicidade, nasceu numa família católica e que, para maior desgraça, frequentou um colégio cristão, foi-se confessar ao Padre Zé.
– Senhor Padre Zé, pode-me confessar?
– Com certeza, Quitéria. Quando foi a última vez que o fizeste?
– Acho que foi antes do Natal.
– Queres dizer antes do solstício do inverno, não é? Como sabes, Advento, Natal, Quaresma e Páscoa, são designações cristãs autorreferenciais, que dividem os homens e ofendem os nossos irmãos muçulmanos, judeus, hindus, ateus e agnósticos. Por isso, o novo calendário litúrgico, em vez de utilizar denominações supremacistas e confessionais, usa as estações do ano, que são mais inclusivas, inter-religiosas e universais. E que pecados cometeste, desde então?
[P. Gonçalo Portocarrero de Almada (2021), Observador
[After Dark (2004), by Haruki Murakami]
The camera draws back slowly to convey an image of the entire room. Then it begins observing details in search of clues. This is by no means a highly decorated room. Neither is it a room that suggests the tastes or individuality of its occupant. Without detailed observation, it would be hard to tell that this was the room of a young girl. There are no dolls, stuffed animals, or other accessories to be seen. No posters or calendars. On the side facing the window, one old wooden desk and a swivel chair. The window itself is covered by a roll-down window blind. On the desk is a simple black lamp and a brand-new notebook computer (its top closed). A few ballpoint pens and pencils in a mug. By the wall stands a plain wood-framed single bed, and there sleeps Eri Asai. The bedclothes are solid white. On shelves attached to the opposite wall, a compact stereo and a small pile of CDs in their cases. Next to those, a phone. A dresser with mirror attached. The only things placed in front of the mirror are lip balm and a small, round hairbrush. On that wall is a walk-in closet. As the room’s only decorative touch, five photographs in small frames are lined up on a shelf, all of them photos of Eri Asai. She is alone in all of them. None show her with friends or family. There is a small bookcase, but it contains only a handful of books, mostly college textbooks. And a pile of large-size fashion magazines. It would be hard to conclude that she is a voracious reader. Honestly speaking, the information regarding Eri Asai that we can glean from the appearance of this room is far from abundant. It gives the impression that preparations have been made to hide her personality and cleverly elude observing eyes. Near the head of the bed a digital clock soundlessly and steadily renews its display of the time. We wait. We hold our breath and listen. The clock displays 0:00.